Questions You May Be Asked
1. Why do you want to become a medical science liaison?
2. What aspect of the medical science liaison career is attractive to you?
3. What do you know about the medical liaison role?
4. What challenges do you think you will have if you become a medical liaison?
5. Have you ever worked with physicians? In what capacity?
6. Have you ever worked with clinical investigators? In what capacity?
7. Why do you want to leave your current position?
8. What will you miss about your current career?
9. Have you ever supervised people? If yes, what did you like or dislike about supervising others?
10. Have you ever worked in a team project, and what was your contribution?
11. Why do you think you will be a good fit for the medical science liaison role?
12. How will you go about developing relationships with a thought leader?
13. Why are you interested in this particular organization?
14. Are you familiar with this disease state?
15. Are you familiar with the products in this disease state?
16. Are you familiar with the thought leaders in this disease state?
17. What makes you different from other candidates who are applying for this same position?
18. What will make you successful in this career?
19. Where do you see yourself two years from now? Five years from now?
20. Are you applying to other positions with this company?
21. Are you applying to other companies?
22. Tell me about a typical work day; what does it look like?
23. Can you give me an example of how you handled conflict?
24. What do you like or dislike about working with your current manager/supervisor?
25. Tell me about yourself (note: this is a trick question!)
26. What are your salary expectations for this job?
27. How long have you been on the job market?
28. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
29. How have you dealt with failures or disappointments?
30. Do you have any questions for me?