MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- There is NO Safe Harbor for Medical Science Liaisons
- What Medical Science Liaisons Can, and Cannot Say
- Jane Chin Answers Your Questions on Off-Label Discussions
- When You Shouldn't Start a MSL Team
- Medical Science Liaison Roles: Enigma and Dilemma
- Off-Label Promotion, Prosecution, and OIG Scrutiny of MSL Activities
- Webinar Medical Science Liaison Compliance Primer I&II 102 mins with Alan Minsk
MSL PROGRAMS, MSL TRAINING, MSL JOB SATISFACTION
- MSL Team Building: What Not to Do
- Developing Medical Science Liaisons Across Tenure Spectrum
- Medical Science Liaison Job Satisfaction 2009 Survey
- Want Satisfied MSLs? Give them the Right Tools
- What is Your MSL Retention Culture?
- Webinar: MSL Role-Perception Survey: Is the Role Meeting Expectation 66 mins with Oleg Kornev
- Medical Science Liaison Training: Results, Objectives, Implementation
- MSL Training: New Hire Challenges & Domains of Acclimation
- MSLs - Professionals versus Amateurs
- What Can MSLs Learn from Sales?
- What's Unique about Your MSL Program: Different Role, Same Questions
- Editorial: Who Truly Drives Overspecialization of MSL Roles?
- MSL Managers: Scaling Your Communication
- Trusted Circles: The Higher You Climb, The More You Need It
- Does Team Competition Breed Excellence?
Today, Dr. Chin works primarily behind-the-scenes with pharmaceutical executives and management teams. She provides leadership coaching and management strategy to MSL directors and executives. Dr. Chin also consults as a subject matter expert to service providers in the medical affairs industry.
Pharmaceutical Executives: Get Advisory & Consulting
The MSL Institute is proof and reminder that every one of us can be an advocate for our deepest convictions. Don't ever be afraid to stand up for what is right: we may never know the extent of the difference we can make in the world." -- Jane Chin, Ph.D. Founder, MSL Institute (LINKEDIN)
Jane Chin's work in the medical science liaison field spans more than a decade. Her seminal articles and publications on field-medical programs and the MSL profession have propelled this once-hidden profession to the forefront of the life science industry.
In 2003, Dr. Chin first launched MSL Quarterly while working as an oncology MSL with a global pharmaceutical company, to support her MSL colleagues in the industry, as well as increase awareness of the MSL role.
In 2004, Dr. Chin created the MSL (Medical Science Liaison) Institute to continue her work on the compliance, metrics, and development of the MSL role, and the industry's first MSL niche job board (MSLjobs.com) in 2005.
Dr. Chin has been recognized for her thought leadership, high degree of integrity, and authentic concern for the best interests of MSLs and the long-term sustainability of the MSL profession. Jane Chin remains one of the most prolific author on the topic of medical science liaisons and has written close to 300 articles on the MSL role and the profession. For her contribution to the support and evolution of the MSL Profession, Dr. Chin was nominated by PharmaVoice as one of Life Science Industry's Most Inspiring 100 People in 2006.
Dr. Chin holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University and a Doctorate in Biochemistry from University of Buffalo at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. She holds a Professional Certification in Competitive Intelligence from the Fuld-Gilad-Herring Academy of Competitive Intelligence.
ART OF MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISING
For Current Medical Science Liaisons
- Thought Leader Development: No New Data
- Effective MSLs Talk in Specifics
- KOL Influencers are as Important to Interact with as KOLs
- 7 Dimensions of Next Level MSL Performance (17-Page Workbook)
- The Medical Science Liaison Handbook (2003)
- MSL Newbie Tips
- 2 Key Personality Traits of the Enduring MSL
- 4 Practices of High-Performing MSL Professionals
- 5 Keys to Succeeding as a MSL
- 5 Questions to Ask about your MSL Job Satisfaction
- 6 Traits of Effective MSLs
- 8 Questions to Ask to Improve Your Performance as a MSL
- Webinar: Bridging The Gap: Preparing For Your Role as an MSL 40 mins with Candace Brown
- Your First 30 Days as a Medical Science Liaison
- Simple Secret to Success (MSL, Life, Whatever!)
- How to Be a Real MSL Star
- Dealing with a Demoralizing MSL Director
- MSLs - Watch Your "Keys" on Social Media Networks
- How to Evaluate Your MSL Manager
- When is it Time to Leave Your Company for a Different MSL Job?
- MSL Job Satisfaction: Job Hopping Traps
- MSLs in Start-Up Companies
- Recession-Proof Your MSL Career
- MSL Career Development: Reinvent Before You Need To
- MSL Work-Life Balance: Hours for Pay
- Personal Success Benchmarks - Do You Have Yours?
- MSL Teamwork: Thinking Outside the Box
- Staying Motivated as a Medical Science Liaison
- Medical Science Liaison: A Dead-End Job?
- MSL Retention: Is Grass Greener on Other Side?
- Art of Medical Science Liaising: Don't Forget Business Process
- Medical Science Liaisons' Career Limiting Trap
- Surviving Manager Ride-Along, Managing Up, and Stereotyping the MSL Function
- MSL Job Karma: What if your subordinate becomes your manager one day?
- Medical Science Liaison Career Planning Points
- "I am exhausted and frazzled every week."
- MSL Teamwork: Good Team Playing starts with Peer Recognition
BECOMING A MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON
For Aspiring Medical Science Liaisons
- Breaking Into the Medical Science Liaison Profession: Catch-22
- In MSL Country, Jargon Matters
- Evaluating an Industry Job Offer
- Working with MSL Recruiters and Answering Ads
- Create your MSL presentation strategy
- Do I have what it takes to get a MSL job?
- 7 Fundamentals of Compelling Medical Science Liaison Resumes (44-Page Book)
- All Medical Science Liaisons Started with No MSL Experience (64-Page Book based on 2009 Print Edition)
- How I Got This (MSL) Job via The Scientist Magazine
- MSL Performance: What Will You Offer to Your MSL Organization?
- Question about Reference Letters
- MSL Interviews: Work on your STARs
- Watch your attitude, it shows in your MSL applications!
- What do you do when you get a MSL recruiter on the phone?
- What can you do, right now, to help your MSL job prospects?
- Getting MSL Jobs: Pace and Persist
- Contract MSL is a 2.5 Full-Time Job
- Domains Assessed in MSL Interviews
- Tips to Stay Motivated while Aiming to Become a MSL
- MSL Career: Why Life-Long Career Makes Sense
- What hiring managers look for during MSL interviews
- List of MSL Interview Questions
- What to start doing for the rest of your MSL/professional career
- Crossfunctional collaboration: what are MSL managers looking for?
- The MSL Power Plan Gives You Power: 30-60-90 Days
- Master your MSL interview presentation
- Picking Topics for Your MSL Interview Presentation
- Sales Rep asking if Masters Degree helps