Welcome to Medical Science Liaison Institute!
Medical Science Liaison Institute Knowledge Library contains more than a thousand pages’ worth of articles, books, and research reports created by Jane Chin for the MSL Institute through the past decade, now available to the medical science liaison profession and the public. The library is organized for MSL Executives, current MSLs, and aspiring medical science liaisons. Library content is available either as text or image file of the original PDFs.
If you are a Pharmaceutical executive, you may hire Jane Chin for medical affairs consulting and advisory.
MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Medical Science Liaisons: An Overview
- Wanted: Relationship Capital. Seeking: Medical Science Liaisons
- Emergence of Medical Science Liaisons as a Formidable Educational Force
- HR “Getting” Medical Science Liaisons
- Clinical Trial Liaisons (CTLs)
- Clinical Trial Liaisons v. Medical Science Liaisons
- There is NO Safe Harbor for Medical Science Liaisons
- What Medical Science Liaisons Can, and Cannot Say
- Jane Chin Answers Your Questions on Off-Label Discussions
- When You Shouldn’t Start a MSL Team
- Medical Science Liaison Roles: Enigma and Dilemma
- Off-Label Promotion, Prosecution, and OIG Scrutiny of MSL Activities
- Webinar Medical Science Liaison Compliance Primer I&II 102 mins with Alan Minsk
- Overview of Medical Science Liaison Metrics
- Medical Science Liaison Metrics Consensus 2007
- Medical Science Liaison Metrics Research (Full Report, 100 Pages)
- Executive Primer to Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Metrics, 54 Pages
- Medical Science Liaison Salary Survey 2006 & 2007 Year 2010
- MSL Team Building: What Not to Do
- Developing Medical Science Liaisons Across Tenure Spectrum
- Medical Science Liaison Job Satisfaction 2009 Survey
- Want Satisfied MSLs? Give them the Right Tools
- What is Your MSL Retention Culture?
- Webinar: MSL Role-Perception Survey: Is the Role Meeting Expectation 66 mins with Oleg Kornev
- Medical Science Liaison Training: Results, Objectives, Implementation
- MSL Training: New Hire Challenges & Domains of Acclimation
- MSLs – Professionals versus Amateurs
- What Can MSLs Learn from Sales?
- What’s Unique about Your MSL Program: Different Role, Same Questions
- Editorial: Who Truly Drives Overspecialization of MSL Roles?
- MSL Managers: Scaling Your Communication
- Trusted Circles: The Higher You Climb, The More You Need It
- Does Team Competition Breed Excellence?
Strategic Partnership Content: PHARMACERTIFY Sales representatives and medical science liaisons (MSLs) work together to ensure healthcare professionals (HCPs) receive accurate and timely answers to their questions. However, the nature of topics that may be discussed by each function is different. MSLs and Sales Reps: Understanding the Divide describes the many factors that divide the two roles, including company policies and regulatory requirements.
MSL SALARY SURVEYS
MSL PROGRAMS, MSL TRAINING, MSL JOB SATISFACTION
ART OF MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISING: FOR CURRENT MSLS
- Thought Leader Development: No New Data
- Effective MSLs Talk in Specifics
- KOL Influencers are as Important to Interact with as KOLs
- 7 Dimensions of Next Level MSL Performance (17-Page Workbook)
- The Medical Science Liaison Handbook (2003)
- MSL Newbie Tips
- 2 Key Personality Traits of the Enduring MSL
- 4 Practices of High-Performing MSL Professionals
- 5 Keys to Succeeding as a MSL
- 5 Questions to Ask about your MSL Job Satisfaction
- 6 Traits of Effective MSLs
- 8 Questions to Ask to Improve Your Performance as a MSL
- Webinar: Bridging The Gap: Preparing For Your Role as an MSL 40 mins with Candace Brown
- Your First 30 Days as a Medical Science Liaison
- Simple Secret to Success (MSL, Life, Whatever!)
- How to Be a Real MSL Star
- Dealing with a Demoralizing MSL Director
- MSLs – Watch Your “Keys” on Social Media Networks
- How to Evaluate Your MSL Manager
- When is it Time to Leave Your Company for a Different MSL Job?
- MSL Job Satisfaction: Job Hopping Traps
- MSLs in Start-Up Companies
- Recession-Proof Your MSL Career
- MSL Career Development: Reinvent Before You Need To
- MSL Work-Life Balance: Hours for Pay
- Personal Success Benchmarks – Do You Have Yours?
- MSL Teamwork: Thinking Outside the Box
- Staying Motivated as a Medical Science Liaison
- Medical Science Liaison: A Dead-End Job?
- MSL Retention: Is Grass Greener on Other Side?
- Art of Medical Science Liaising: Don’t Forget Business Process
- Medical Science Liaisons’ Career Limiting Trap
- Surviving Manager Ride-Along, Managing Up, and Stereotyping the MSL Function
- MSL Job Karma: What if your subordinate becomes your manager one day?
- Medical Science Liaison Career Planning Points
- “I am exhausted and frazzled every week.”
- MSL Teamwork: Good Team Playing starts with Peer Recognition
MSL CAREERS & BECOMING A MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON
- Breaking Into the Medical Science Liaison Profession: Catch-22
- In MSL Country, Jargon Matters
- Evaluating an Industry Job Offer
- Working with MSL Recruiters and Answering Ads
- Create your MSL presentation strategy
- Do I have what it takes to get a MSL job?
- 7 Fundamentals of Compelling Medical Science Liaison Resumes (44-Page Book)
- All Medical Science Liaisons Started with No MSL Experience (64-Page Book based on 2009 Print Edition)
- How I Got This (MSL) Job via The Scientist Magazine
- MSL Performance: What Will You Offer to Your MSL Organization?
- Question about Reference Letters
- MSL Interviews: Work on your STARs
- Watch your attitude, it shows in your MSL applications!
- What do you do when you get a MSL recruiter on the phone?
- What can you do, right now, to help your MSL job prospects?
- Getting MSL Jobs: Pace and Persist
- Contract MSL is a 2.5 Full-Time Job
- Domains Assessed in MSL Interviews
- Tips to Stay Motivated while Aiming to Become a MSL
- MSL Career: Why Life-Long Career Makes Sense
- What hiring managers look for during MSL interviews
- List of MSL Interview Questions
- What to start doing for the rest of your MSL/professional career
- Crossfunctional collaboration: what are MSL managers looking for?
- The MSL Power Plan Gives You Power: 30-60-90 Days
- Master your MSL interview presentation
- Picking Topics for Your MSL Interview Presentation
- Sales Rep asking if Masters Degree helps
MSL Directory Listing: Unlimited Postings!
The most versatile and effective method to reach a targeted medical affairs/medical science liaison audience. UNLIMITED job postings or conference announcements for your organization. Available listing terms of 3, 6, or 12 months. Employers and service providers who purchase a 12-month listing gets custom login and subdomain (http://yourcompany.MSLJOBS.com).
Medical Science Liaison Newsletters
Still going strong since we converted our quarterly (“MSL Quarterly”) subscription format to ad-supported email format. Our newsletters are supported by MSL Directory listings!
Jane Chin provides key insight into issues that MSL professionals face on the job and in the job market. Past article titles include Succeeding as a New MSL Manager, Interview Questions that Unearth MSL Personalities, David and Goliath Competitive Intelligence, and the True Purpose of (Compliance) Policies and Procedures. To sign up for our MSL newsletters, opt-in via this web form.